bitbucket home directory change while upgrading

richa gautam May 2, 2016
I need to move the home _directory of Bitbucket. We are using stash 3.11.2 now and upgrade to Bitbucket 4.5 .. but while upgrading we need to move our Bitbucket home_directory. Can we use a symbolic link at the existing location to point to new location or is there a better alternative ? We don't want to lose anything or mess up the configuration while doing so. Please let me know your suggestions 
thank you for your help in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2016

We don't move our HOME directory but we use symbolic links for the ROOT directory so that switching versions (like upgrading/downgrading) is just a matter of updating the symbolic links. So I guess it should work. Try it in your test environment.

richa gautam May 4, 2016

WE have no test environment. What we are planning to do is take  backup to a new location s and delete the existing home_directory, then install the upgraded version of bitbucket and use the symbolic link to the new location we stored our home_directory earlier as a back up. Will that work ?? 

0 votes
Steven Whitman May 4, 2016

We changed the home directory for atlbitbucket from it's default location to /home/stash using usermod.  This seems to be working fine on our test environment.

richa gautam May 4, 2016

We are using stash 3.11.2 and need to upgrade to 4.4/4.5 .. So in that process we need to change the home directory location? And can you please detail how you did it using usermod? Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events