Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbucket home deleted(renamed) after upgrade

Jens Rapp November 24, 2021

yesterday, I upgraded bitbucket server from 7.11.2 to 7.17.1 and it worked well so far.

only thing I mentioned was, that it didn't run with oracle jdk but opendjdk.

tonight, at midnight (0:00), the bitbucket home directory 'application' was renamed to 'application.deleted' and a new one was created.. but this was nearly empty. only share and log inside.

log sais nothing more that db couldn't connect.. (i suppose, it didn't really have one)

renaming the .deleted folder back solved this. I also took care that oracle jdk runs bitbucket.

But why did that happen and will it re-happen tonight?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jens Rapp November 25, 2021

new info on this. Seems, that this was a feature of ansible.
Since bitbucket installer always creates user atlbitbucket but our configuration management software only has 8 letters, we use user git for bitbucket.
re-owning of the application directory led to a fatal reaction of ansible. Same problem could occour when we update confluence (user confluen) next time..
Would be nice if atlassian installers enable a user setting.. (as i coincidentally requested today.. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-13066)

1 vote
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2021

Hi Jens,

This is nothing that Bitbucket Server does on its own so it must be something on your system.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Jens Rapp November 25, 2021

well, on one hand, I hoped for that answer..

... on the other hand, it scares me a little since I don't have a clue what happened there..

Yet another micaculous thing to keep an eye on ;-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events