bitbucket 4.7.1 fails to start after install

I'm new at Bitbucket and did a fresh install of Bitbucket Server on 64 bit Redhat linux system with the recommended installer. Unfortunatelly the server will not start without errors.

I get stacktrace in catalina.log:

ERROR: Unable to start system bundle. (java.lang.StackOverflowError: operating system stack overflow)
rg.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path
java.lang.StackOverflowErrorROR: Unable to start system bundle

Information on different pages mention problems with startup Bitbucket but non of them seems to apply to my instance.

What did I try:

• reinstall
  • reinstall perl and git
  • checked config

3 answers

1 accepted

We are running java version "1.8.0" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pxa6480sr3-20160428_01(SR3)) IBM J9 VM (build 2.8, JRE 1.8.0 Linux amd64-64 Compressed References 20160427_301573 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled) J9VM - R28_Java8_SR3_20160427_1620_B301573 JIT  - tr.r14.java.green_20160329_114288 GC   - R28_Java8_SR3_20160427_1620_B301573_CMPRSS J9CL - 20160427_301573) JCL - 20160421_01 based on Oracle jdk8u91-b14

I think this is another Java-taste - IBM Java - and don't know if it is compatible with Oracle JDK or OpenJDK.

We are going to install Oracle Java and see what happens. I will provide new info once I have it.

0 votes

Are you using the correct JAVA version?

Hello Maarten,

did you solve this problem? I had the same problem with JIRA and we use also the IBM-Java. (It is a company 

specification)

Thanks,

Markus

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

683 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot