Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aws-code-deploy:0.5.2 fails for ECS deployments

jparker4 May 8, 2020

Trying to use the pipe to deploy to ECS fails because the AWS API doesn't accept the --file-exists-behavior option. Please exclude this option for ECS and Lambda deployment types.

aws deploy create-deployment --application-name dealscoring-dev-app --deployment-group dealscoring-dev-dpg --description Deployed from Bitbucket Pipelines using aws-code-deploy pipe. For details follow the link https://bitbucket.org/byrider/dealscoring_microservice_test/addon/pipelines/home#!/results/142 --revision revisionType=S3,s3Location={bucket=jdbs-appspec-oh,bundleType=JSON,key=dealscoring/dealscoring-dev-app-142-271abc3e} --no-ignore-application-stop-failures --file-exists-behavior DISALLOW

An error occurred (InvalidFileExistsBehaviorException) when calling the CreateDeployment operation: For Lambda and ECS deployment, fileExistsBehavior can not be specified

✖ Failed to create deployment.

3 answers

1 vote
jparker4 May 8, 2020

This is supposed to be a bug report but I'm not sure how to do that

0 votes
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2020

@jparker4 We are working on aws-code-deploy pipe adding support AWS ECS and Lambda deploy, not only EC2.

Could you please share more details with us, why did you decide to use aws-code-deploy to deploy lambda instead of aws-ecs-deploy pipe? And what workflow do you use for ECS deploy?

One of the solutions, in your case, might be:

script:
  - pipe: atlassian/aws-ecs-deploy:1.1.3
    variables:
      CLUSTER_NAME: 'my-ecs-cluster'
      SERVICE_NAME: 'my-ecs-service'
      TASK_DEFINITION: 'task-definition.json'
Sam Perrin July 18, 2020

@Oleksandr Kyrdan I'm also having this problem. I need to use CodeDeploy as we're using the blue/green deployment AWS supports for ECS (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/userguide/deployment-type-bluegreen.html)

Like # people like this
Jeff January 11, 2021

We are seeing this behavior as well.

0 votes
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2020

Hi @jparker4 ,

Thank you for the feedback!

We'll update the pipe and notify you.

Also, for AWS ECS you can use aws-ecs-deploy pipe.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events