Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic copying

dibya pal October 11, 2011

I am in a bind and in a rush actually. At my job I was asked to set up source control and get it working really quickly, so this is the first time I have used subversion and need a little help with a script.

I need to have any files checked in that have been updated automatically copied to another folder (web host folder) so that they may be tested on our dev server.

I need to copy the same files to a another folder that starts with nothing in it. The idea is to allow us to test our work on the dev site as soon as a file is checked in, but then have another folder with directory structure with all files that have been updated (easier to figure out which files need to be moved to QA and production).

Can someone help write a script to do this please, or give me guidance on what exactly to do.

Thanks!

Edit:
Wanted to give an example of what I am trying to do.

So in my SVN all of my code is SVN\Dev-Code\Site\Code\...

My dev website (which already has all pre-existing code and just needs the old file overwritten with checked in file)
c:\site

The folder with updates will be (empty until first file updated, etc)
c:\siteupdates

So say I check in:
SVN\Dev-Code\Site\Code\Folder\test.php

I want it to copy and overwrite the file at
c:\site\Folder\test.php

and I want it to do create the folder "Folder" if it doesn't already exist, and copy and possibly overwrite the existing file in:
c:\siteupdates\Folder\test.php

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2011

I'm afraid this site is for Atlassian product users, not Subversion questions.

You probably want http://subversion.apache.org/ and I personally would look for "post commit hooks", because those enable you to run scripts when a check-in is complete.

In the long run though, a far better way to do this would be to use a Continuous Integration server, it's worth reading up on that. Atlassian's Bamboo is such a server and hence can do this job.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events