atlas-run bitbucket server (greater than 5.0) is unable to run against postgres Edited

Steps to reproduce:

• Start bitbucket application with "atlas-run -u 6.3.0 "
  • then choose database migration
  • choose postgres database
  • Click migrate
  • Validation error  

If you try to start directly against a postgres by adding the jdbc credentials directly to the properties the error occours as well

It starts up with the following error in the browser 

SpringMVC dispatcher [springMvc] could not be started

The Log says the following

2017-07-11 09:03:44,742 ERROR [spring-startup]  c.a.j.s.w.s.JohnsonDispatcherServlet SpringMVC dispatcher [springMvc] could not be started
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'crowdAliasDao': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'setSessionFactory' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactoryPrototype' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactoryPrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementException: Schema-validation: missing table [bb_clusteredjob]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$AutowiredMethodElement.inject(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:667)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:867)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:543)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:158)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
	... 19 frames trimmed
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactoryPrototype' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactoryPrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementException: Schema-validation: missing table [bb_clusteredjob]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:359)
	... 5 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactoryPrototype' defined in class path resource [stash-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementException: Schema-validation: missing table [bb_clusteredjob]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1628)
Caused by: org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementException: Schema-validation: missing table [bb_clusteredjob]
	at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaValidator.validateTable(AbstractSchemaValidator.java:121)
	at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.GroupedSchemaValidatorImpl.validateTables(GroupedSchemaValidatorImpl.java:42)
	at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaValidator.performValidation(AbstractSchemaValidator.java:89)
	at org.hibernate.tool.schema.internal.AbstractSchemaValidator.doValidation(AbstractSchemaValidator.java:68)
	at org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementToolCoordinator.performDatabaseAction(SchemaManagementToolCoordinator.java:191)
	at org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementToolCoordinator.process(SchemaManagementToolCoordinator.java:72)
	at org.hibernate.internal.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:309)
	at org.hibernate.boot.internal.SessionFactoryBuilderImpl.build(SessionFactoryBuilderImpl.java:452)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:710)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:726)
	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.LocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:511)
	at com.atlassian.stash.internal.hibernate.ExtendedLocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory(ExtendedLocalSessionFactoryBean.java:101)
	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.LocalSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:495)

Any suggestions how to get it working?

1 answer

0 votes
M Foster I'm New Here Dec 07, 2017

I'm having the same issue/error message. Did you solve this?

M Foster I'm New Here Dec 08, 2017

In my case, I was testing a bitbucket upgrade on a copy of our Oracle database, but apparently we missed creating the view on the copy. This fixed it.

CREATE VIEW bitbucket.all_objects AS
  SELECT *
  FROM sys.all_objects
  WHERE owner = upper('bitbucket');

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot