analytics plugin causes "com.amazonaws.http.AmazonHttpClient Unable to execute HTTP request: connect timed out"

During an hour every day (around 0:30 till 1:30) it seems that the analytics-plugin is trying to connect to a URL using the AmazonHttpClient.

Because the error message is not stating what URL it is trying to reach, I cannot determine whether or not this is a problem.

Our Bitbucket application is behind a firewall, and that firewall will probably not be opened for analytics purposes. I might want to collect analytics, but not share them with Atlassian straight away.

We're on Bitbucket DC 4.11.0

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi @Helma Maassen, 

I've just had a look and what you are seeing is the analytics-client attempting to upload analytics to Atlassian's S3 bucket.

If you are using the analytics logs produced by the analytics client internally, then you can safely ignore this warning. 

If you don't require the analytics logs, you can disable the analytics collection altogether from the Bitbucket Server administration screen. ( http://<your_bitbucket_url>/plugins/servlet/analytics/configuration)

Thanks @Felix Haehnel

Can you maybe share the URL that the plugin Is trying to connect to?
Just in case that we might want to whitelist that site for analytics purposes.

Best Regards,

Helma.

From what I can tell the application will attempt to contact btf-analytics.s3.amazonaws.com to upload analytics data.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

171 views 20 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you