Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access to project

ridwaan January 23, 2023

hi i have access to a full project and would like to copy this code to my bitbucket account and then give access to specific people, how do i do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2023

Hello @ridwaan ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In case you want to copy a repository to a different workspace, I would suggest the below options : 

1. Forking the repository

You can fork the repository as this will essentially create a new copy of the repository in a different workspace. You will also be able to create pull requests to the parent repository.
Please note that an admin needs to allow forking on the Repository Settings. If this setting is disabled, you will not see the "Fork this repository" option.

2. Importing the repository

You can use the bitbucket import tool in order to copy the source code to a different workspace by following the below steps: 

1. Access the destination workspace
  2. Click on the Create repository button and then select the "Import repository" option in the top right corner.
  3. Provide the URL to the repository to be imported/copied : "https://bitbucket.org/<workspace>/<repository_name>"
  4. If the repository being imported is private, check the option "Required authorization" and enter your bitbucket username and App Password as the credentials for the authentication.
  5. Enter information for your new repository and proceed to click "Import repository"

For additional details, you can refer to our import the repository documentation.

Hope that helps!

Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @ridwaan !

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events