Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your account does not have an e-mail address associated with it.

Don Brown September 30, 2015

When I do a git push to remote I get this message:

remote: Warning!
remote: Your account does not have an e-mail address associated with it.
remote: Please set one by visiting https://bitbucket.org/account/user/USERNAME/email/

However on that link there is a message that reads:

Adding email addresses to teams is no longer supported

How can this be solved so I don't get this message every time?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2015

I don't have much experience with this, but it sounds like you're using credentials for the team itself, when you should be using credentials of a team member.

Klemart3D October 20, 2015

I'm using git & Bitbucket from long time but I've the this warning since shortly.

Where can I configure email asked ? 

@Seth : How can I use credentials of a team member in place of the team itself ?

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

The username you use to connect is probably in your remote URL. You can edit that in your repository's .git/config file.

Like Roy Xavier likes this
5 votes
Klemart3D October 23, 2015

I directly contacted Atlassian. Their response resolves my issue !

"It seems to be that there is an SSH key added in your team account which could be the reasons you're facing this issue. The SSH key should be added in the individual account associated to the team. Also, BitBucket does not support team login so the teams are not associated with an email address but are associated with individual accounts which means an email address, unfortunately, can not be added to a team account.

So what you can do is, try removing the SSH key from the team account and try adding it to the individual account associated to the team."

Matt Britt October 24, 2015

Thanks - I was having the same issue; this solved the problem.

michaelteter December 18, 2019

I have personal projects (stored on bitbucket) and work projects (stored under a team on bitbucket). 

I don't want to put an ssh key from my work server into my personal bitbucket ssh key list, because then anyone who gains access to that server could affect all my personal bitbucket repos.

I want a Michael Teter ssh key that is only applied to the team, and that key can live on the server.

And if Atlassian doesn't want us adding ssh keys to teams, why do they provide an easy SSH keys interface for adding keys to the team?

As far as I can tell, the keys work, and all is well... except for that email address warning.

Like James M_ Watson likes this
James M_ Watson September 11, 2020

I was unable to push to repos (despite being an admin) until I set a SSH key on the team.  I probably have some other issue but for now, I guess I'll just live with the message.

0 votes
ian polymetric November 30, 2015

Had this problem too, it also set the default color on my terminal to red ._.

0 votes
Klemart3D October 22, 2015

I'm using a team repository, I commit/push like an user from this team and Atlassian seems to have disabled email addresses to teams since shortly.

My .git/config [local] (and my ~/.gitconfig [global]) files are okay :

[user]
    name = Bitbucket User Name
    email = personnal@email.com

My Bitbucket account is well configured, with same user name and email and is an administrator in the team of the repo. But in the warning, it's not my personal email but my group email is in error :

remote: Warning! 
remote: Your account does not have an e-mail address associated with it. 
remote: Please set one by visiting https://bitbucket.org/account/user/**group_name**/email/ 
remote:

But I can't add an email to a team from Bitbucket ("Adding email addresses to teams is no longer supported") & I can't change my repository to a single a user. So, it seems this error can't be solved…

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2015

Look at the URL you use to specify the remote repository. it should be something like <protocol>://<username>@bitbucket.org/<pathToRepo> Is <username> the username for your personal account, or the one for your team account? The details in [user] are completely independent from your bitbucket account info.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events