Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'XSRF Security Token Missing' errors in stash

Chris Wundram May 24, 2013

I keep getting these 'XSRF Security Token' errors in stash. They usually appear in sessions that have been around a while (maybe an hour or so). Refreshing the browser will take care of it, but it might come back on the next operation. Loggin out and logging in again seems to fix it for a while. Our Stash instance is using a Jira external directory for the user directory. What would be causing this? How can I fix the configuration to keep this from happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2013

Stash currently protects all of its form submissions submissions from Cross-site request forgery by generating a secret token per-user and includes it in the form submission. This token is separate from the authentication mechanism used or the user directory strategy. This token expires a lot quicker than the user session.

If you do see the operation failure warning due to an expired XSRF protection all that is required is hit the 'Retry Operation' and your form submission should suceed and all subsequent forms should use the new token. Futhermore, you should only see this error if you leave a form sitting around for a while without submitting it.

This is all part of Stash's normal functionality.

Chris Wundram May 30, 2013

Actually I discovered the problem. It was that I was running multiple atlassian applications on the same server, using the same hostname, which was causing the apps to step on each other's cookies. I changed it to have each app run under it's own DNS name, through an BigIP f5 switch, and it is working.

agouaux March 4, 2019

Hi.  did you have to disable HTTP Basic Authentication in the f5?

Like schmel3 likes this
Andrei Pastushenko March 25, 2022

Hi! 
I have a question regarding the token of each user. Can I get another user's token? Why and for more details follow the link:

My question 

I would be very grateful for an answer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events