Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Reviewer Groups

ENRIQUE QUINTANO LOPEZ September 23, 2021

I need to define a Repo in which PRs must be validated by one member inside a Reviewing group.

Is it a valid option if I create a Reviewer Group or in that case, all of the members have to approve the PR?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2021

As far as I know Bitbucket repository reviewer groups are for adding reviewers to new pull requests. Bitbucket repository merge-checks 'minimum approvals' is checked against all reviewers that are on the PR.

If you want group specific approval quota(s) you need to use an app like Workzone for Bitbucket that allows you to configure individual reviewer groups down to file/module level and then enforce specific group quotas as PR merge-checks preventing a PR being merged if approvals are still missing from some groups.

You can find out more details in the blog 

Please let me know if that helps, happy to help you further.

Kind regards, Ulrich

www.izymes.com 

ENRIQUE QUINTANO LOPEZ September 28, 2021

Thank you for your help!!

Right now we have a Merge Check for this, so users can include the reviewer they want and it automatically validates that the PR has the OK from a member of the defined group.

Our intention was to replace this script, but with this option we have seen that it is necessary to manually include the group in each PR, so that does not help us.

For the time being, we will continue to work in the same way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events