Will Bitbucket Pipeline eventually replace Atlassian Bamboo 6?

MinKu_Yeo November 6, 2017

Hi, I heard that Bamboo cloud has met the EOL(End of Life).

I have used Bamboo Server 6.1.4 recently.

I configured mainly build configurations related to

-Java for Android Studio projects

-C/C++/C# projects

with Bamboo.

I was curious about Bitbucket Cloud's Pipeline feature. If I understood correctly, the Pipeline supports CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery).

1. With the Pipeline feature, I can do what I have done with Bamboo 6, such as build trigger, unit testing, refuse push from a user if a due date has passed, right?

2. If so, will Atlassian replace Bamboo Server to Bitbucket Pipeline in the future?

I see the difference that Bamboo can build projects which used Git, Mercurial, Perforce, SVN.
Whereas Bitbucket supports Git and Mercurial, only.

Since Bitbucket doesn't support Perforce or SVN, will Atlassian leave Bamboo server?

-Best Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

Hi Minku. Bamboo Cloud has been EOL as we've incorporated Bitbucket Pipelines to the collection. At the moment there are no plans to replace Bamboo with Pipelines, as they're each built for different platforms. We’re still heavily investing in Bamboo Server as an on-premise CD solution. You can learn more about the EOL at Bamboo Cloud end of life.

At the moment we don't count with an article that lists the differences between the two of them, but there was a request for one at Issues #12768 Bamboo vs Pipeline overview. In one of the comments, you can find a brief comparison. You can also find more features at Introducing Bitbucket Pipelines.

For more information about Pipelines, you can check Build, test and deploy with Pipelines.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Ana

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2021

Hi @Ana Retamal ,

Can you please share the link again bamboo vs pipeline 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events