Why would email correspondence from Jira to users not be recieved?

Clayton Hiles January 19, 2018

Hello,

I am new to Jira and Bitbucket.  I have just signed up for both with "Standard" paid subscriptions for my team.  I have invited users by email, however none of the users on my domain receive the invite email.   The only user to receive my invite was an existing Bitbucket/Jira user outside our domain. 

I tried to allow users to self sign-up.  Users in my domain can reach our Jira site and sign-up with their email, but the confirmation email never reaches their inbox.

Yes, they have checked their "SPAM" folder.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Clayton

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2018

Hi Clayton, sorry for the delay! Are you still experiencing this issue?

The fact that one of your users received the email means that Jira mail's system is working fine and emails are being sent out. If they're not receiving them it could be that they're bouncing for some reason, in that case we'll need to get their email addresses so we can check in our system.

If you still need assistance with this, let us know and we'll create a Support ticket for you so you can submit that info privately.

Best regards!

Ana

Clayton Hiles March 5, 2018

Thanks for the reply Ana.  Yes I was able to get in touch with tech support.

When I sent out the original invites from JIRA to our team, our email server was temporarily down so the emails bounced.  I didn't know it, but on the JIRA side this placed a block on the email addresses that bounced.  Tech support was able to remove the block on the affected addresses, then everything worked as expected.

Cheers,

Clayton

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Glad you got it solved, Clayton! 

Have a good day :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events