Why the stash-archive plugin is not formally supported?

amedwedew October 24, 2016

As i can see on Plugin overview page the project is not formally supported.
Does that mean that there is an officially supported alternative (may be paid or free)?

Am i right that nowadays the Plugin's support of upcoming Bitbucket Server versions is provided exclusively by community and not by Atlassian Team?

1 answer

1 vote
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2016

Hi Alex,

In regards to your first question, there is no paid alternative for that plugin. Not being officially supported means that no active development is taking place at the time, however you are encouraged to report issues you find to our issue tracker on the plugins repository page. As you can see, this add-on is still compatible with our latest Bitbucket Server version, so we still do that sort of work to keep it available and we will disclose otherwise should that situation arise.

The Atlassian Marketplace is made up of add-ons developed by both partners and our own. We offer support for our own when they are tagged with the SUPPORTED label.

Hope that helps.

Thiago

Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2016

Am i right that nowadays the Plugin's support of upcoming Bitbucket Server versions is provided exclusively by community and not by Atlassian Team?

Actually the vast majority of recent commits are from Bitbucket Server team members (https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/stash-archive/commits/all). I think the commits from Bjorn are the only non-Atlassian ones in recent history. We still do try to fix up these plugins, especially if they are heavily used, but we make no guarantees.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events