Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my commit files doesn't exist on BitBucket source page?

wello6143 May 5, 2018

Hi,
I'm new to Atlassian Community and I have a question: I have commited my file on SourceTree, there was no error. But when I go to source site on bitbucket.org there was empty with the line "Let's put some bits in your bucket".
How do I fix it?
My install steps were: Install git then SourceTree (not touch in Git yet). Then clone into project.

Thanks.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

Hi! Have you already followed the initial steps in Bitbucket as explained at Set up a repository

And have you connected Sourcetree to your Bitbucket account following the steps at Connect your Bitbucket account?

Let us know!

Ana

wello6143 May 7, 2018

Yes, I've done all these steps

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

Hi Wello, thanks for your confirmation! We'll need more information to help you troubleshoot this issue:

• What's the name of the repo?
  • Can you confirm you have pushed your repo from Sourcetree to Bitbucket?
  • Can you send us a screenshot of the error you get?

Cheers!

Ana

wello6143 May 7, 2018

Thank you! I didn't know that I have to push after commit (because I'm new to git).
Again, thank you so much!

4 votes
Nur Ezarin August 17, 2018

Hi,
I'm new to Atlassian Community and I have a question: I have committed and push my file on Bitbucket, there was no error. But when I go to the source site on bitbucket.org, the file that I already push into Bitbucket does not appear. Why my commit files don't exist on BitBucket source page? How do I fix it? What should I do? Can you help me?

Thanks.

mohamed anfas August 21, 2018

I also face the same problem , everything works fine but bitbucket just doesnt show the files that really exist in there. i can even host those file on bitbucket cloud , it worksSnap 2018-08-22 at 02.31.47.jpgplease someone who knows the answer, reply to this post

Like 金本 竜弥 likes this
boutien321 August 21, 2018

Me also i face the same problem !!

gregkedro August 21, 2018

I just created a new repo and am getting the same error with commits from my local machine. I can see the lists of files, but when I click on them to open them up, I get that error message: "Hmmm.. can't find that one." 

Is there a fix for this? Is there some config we need to tweak to make this work? 

I've used BitBucket before and have never encountered this problem. 

ta11ie August 22, 2018

I'm having the same problem.

mcerisano August 22, 2018

Same problem here.  I see the commits but the files do not exist in the UI.

Yota Toyama August 23, 2018

The same problem too.

Kwong Kuo Liang August 25, 2018

Same problem too~

Gautham Kantharaju August 28, 2018

Even I am facing the same problem!!

anyms November 22, 2018

Actually the file has been pushed to your repo, but its not reflecting. But if you try to clone the repo you will get your contents.

xongooli November 24, 2018

Same problem here

1 vote
Anwarul_Haque May 12, 2020

Yes, me too,

I don't think bitbucket is safe,

last committed all changes are lost, migration log available in database, new entity available in database but lost code even history not available 

NO SAFE BITBUCKET

0 votes
Vikas_Dilip_Salve April 3, 2020

I also facing same issue.

0 votes
nir orda August 23, 2018

The same issue:
I have committed and push my files ( in folders, folder/file ) on Bitbucket, there was no error. But when I go to the source site on bitbucket.org, the files (in folders) that I already push into Bitbucket does not appear. Why my commit files don't exist on BitBucket source page?
How do I fix it? What should I do? Can you help me?

Peter Orlovacz August 23, 2018

I've cleared cookies and cache in my browser and it solved the issue (I'm using Chrome)

Like gmlewis likes this
gregkedro August 23, 2018

Yep. Worked for me, too (Chromium on Arch Linux). Weird... Thanks, Peter, for the post. 

mohamed anfas August 23, 2018

go to the bottom left corner and click on the user icon then go to the "bitbucket labs" . there u will have an option called "New source browser experience" disable it and you will be fine. i dont know what it is for but it sold my problem. pretty easy

Like unisscomputadores likes this
Yota Toyama August 23, 2018

Thank you, Mohamed! It works well.

Cesar de Moura Campos August 23, 2018

Thanks Mohamed... I also worked well for me.

Atlasian Team, "New source browser experience" seems cool, but not reflecting our changes, is a bad thing...

Nir August 24, 2018

Thanks! "New source browser experience" disable works

nir orda August 25, 2018

Clearing cookies and cache in my browser Worked for me,
(Chrome on Windows 10).
Thanks Peter.

techmakeradmin August 26, 2018

@mohamed anfas Thanks for the info, after disabled the "New source browser experience" all the committed file appear in source.

paulvillaruel August 27, 2018

Thanks Mohamed... I also worked well for me.

Atlasian Team, "New source browser experience" seems cool, but not reflecting our changes, is a bad thing... -> Thumbs up! This 1 solved the problem... thanks Mohamed.

Jim Chen August 28, 2018

Worked like a charm @mohamed anfas, thank you!

Paiusco August 28, 2018

You saved my day @mohamed anfas! Thanks.
His answer needs to be the set as best.

unisscomputadores December 5, 2018

The same as @mohamed anfas said, works to me. thanks

Gayle Apfel April 25, 2019

I have opposite problem. I can see my source file, with the latest commit message, but I can't see any of my recent commits. Disabling the new browser experiance didn't help!

Like gmlewis likes this
0 votes
gregkedro August 22, 2018

I see this original thread has been marked as "Solved." Do we need to start a new thread with our current issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events