Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so hard to report a bug in Atlassian software?

Adam Poncy October 14, 2019

Scenario: I've found a bug in a piece of Atlassian software and I'd like to report it. As a professional software tester I want to make the product better and report problems in a timely manner.  I also know that Atlassian doesn't have testers... so if I find a problem there's a hole they need to fill. WHY is it SO HARD to report such a bug?

1 answer

1 vote
Mike Howells
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

Hi Adam, can you be more specific about which part is hard?

Is it finding where to report a problem? Or, having found where to report a problem, going through the steps to provide the information needed to resolve it?

We have a single support channel where you can report all problems, and the support team will help report a bug if that's the case. We found that allowing anyone to report a bug directly resulted in a lot of cases that were not actually bugs, just questions about how to do things or duplicates, and that slowed down our ability to get through the real bugs.

If not eligible for support you can report problems using feedback buttons in the UI, or here in Community.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events