Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Stash failing to install with "The Hibernate SessionFactory could not be created."?

Matt D. Harris September 16, 2014

I'm trying to install Stash.  

MySQL JDBC connector downloaded from oracle on the web server

MariaDB 10.03 on the backend on a remote server

Java 1.7.0 from CentOS on the web server

Stash sets up its tables (they exist in the db) just fine, but then errors out with the following:

The Hibernate SessionFactory could not be created. The database schema may not have been correctly appliedIf you continue having issues, get in touch with our support team and we'll help get you up and running.
Hide details
The Hibernate SessionFactory could not be created. The database schema may not have been correctly applied
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.createSessionFactory(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:343)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.prepareDatabase(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:165)
	com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.setupTask(SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.java:145)
null
	org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.convert(SqlExceptionHelper.java:126)
	org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper.convert(SqlExceptionHelper.java:112)
	org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.DatabaseMetadata.getTableMetadata(DatabaseMetadata.java:158)

I can't proceed as it says that the DB tables are already populated if I hit next.  If I drop the db and re-create it, the same thing happens.  Hoping to get this working, please let me know if you'd like any more information.  

1 answer

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2014

Hi Matt,

At the moment Maria DB is not supported by Stash. Please refer to the Supported Platforms document in order to get a list of supported databases.

The following issue is a current 'Suggestion' for your request: STASH-4012. I would strongly suggest that you vote on this issue to increase its popularity as well as add it to your watchlist for future updates.

Please check how Atlassian implements New features and Improvement Requests for more information.

That said, would you be able to install MySQL or Postgres on your backend?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support - DevTools

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events