Why/how was my source folder replaced with something that looks like a redirect link to a version

Elvis-The-Fresh April 17, 2018

Somehow (no clue how) one of my folders on my bitbucket repository has been replaced by a weird sign, that looks like a link to some other version of commit.

The folder's name was Activities and now looks like this:

Activities → eec5bb9f1df9 [eec5bb9f1df9]

The cryptic number does not correspond to any commit/version that I did, or know, moreover has more "hexa-digits".

As a result, now I can not commit anything to it, or it goes some place I do not know.

How could this happen, and how do I restore my precious Activities folder with its content back to normal ?

Thank you !

2 answers

0 votes
Elvis-The-Fresh April 20, 2018

I fixed it by deleting the old link (in my Android Studio IDE it looked like a normal folder with a Question-mark {?})
Instead of the deleted one, I just imported again my old good folder with activities..

Apropoos, many thanx indeed for your boiling support, community :D

0 votes
Elvis-The-Fresh April 18, 2018

Thanx for the perfect support :)

Elvis-The-Fresh April 18, 2018

Ok, I think I'm gonna have to start a new repo, and probably it shall be a Git hub, where you can use Subversion, instead of this over-complicated GIT..
(And yes, I know this link problem probably has nothing to do with GIT. Just that for my simple projects (with minimum or no branches) I'd rather use Subversion (gun) than GIT (cannon)).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events