• Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • Why don't projects add a path part in the repository link? Is this just not implemented yet (beta), or is it not a part of the feature?

Why don't projects add a path part in the repository link? Is this just not implemented yet (beta), or is it not a part of the feature?

Nikola Kanacki January 12, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Projects

Ask your question here...

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2016

Bitbucket's URLs are part of its contract and used by many external sites to link to. Changing them could lead to substantial breakage within a lot of existing software and sites.

However, it is something that we have been discussing and if there is an elegant, backwards compatible way to do this, we might still look into that.

potiuk January 26, 2016

It would be nice if at least for transition the same repository can be reached by two URLS - the original one without project and "through project" ( ..../projects/PR/repository/). Then you should have a setting in project to disable the old links.

evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2016

Yes, that is among the things we are considering.

tpg-garydouble February 12, 2016

As a brand new Bitbucket user, having just created my team and projects, it seems that this should be default behaviour for new customers when using projects. I created a bunch of projects and wanted to add repositories to each. Since we develop multiple unrelated websites, each one being a project I would have expected to be able to create a "main" repository in each project and have access to them via a /team/project/repo url and this mimics the structure on BitBucket. Being able to group repos into projects but having each repo require a unique name regardless of project (due to the /team/repo url structure) is very confusing and obfuscates the point of using projects in the first place.

YuvalW December 4, 2016

Any news on this topic? Just like Gary I am also a new Bitbucket user and it is quite annoying (and counterintuitive) that the project name is not part of the repo link... thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events