Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't Stash use ssh keys for authentication?

JasonP May 8, 2012

Does anyone know why Stash doesn't support ssh keys for authenticating the user for push/pull etc? I'm not liking that you have to enter in your login password each time you want to push to the server. Anyone know at least how to prevent the prompt each time?

Thanks,

Jay

4 answers

5 votes
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2012

Stash 1.1.0 has been released today, and has SSH support.

1 vote
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

SSH support is on the roadmap.

The Permanently authenticating with Git repositories documentation page describes how you can avoid having to enter your credentials every time.

Martin Ehrnhoefer May 13, 2012

Rene,

can you give a rough estimation when SSH support will be available? For us, this feature would be very important...

Thx,

Martin

rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2012

Sorry Martin, I can't give you an estimate.
I advise you to add your vote to issue STASH-2462 and add yourself as watcher.

Arthur Gerigk May 22, 2012

I get this error when using the git-credential-osxkeychain on ubuntu

$ git push origin master

/usr/bin/git-credential-osxkeychain: 1: /usr/bin/git-credential-osxkeychain: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

0 votes
Arthur Gerigk May 22, 2012

I get this error when using the git-credential-osxkeychain on ubuntu

$ git push origin master

/usr/bin/git-credential-osxkeychain: 1: /usr/bin/git-credential-osxkeychain: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

0 votes
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2012

We are currently working on SSH support - although I cannot give you a firm date, it is certainly important to us to deliver this feature.

Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2012

I'm looking forward to this update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events