Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the bitbucket editor change my line endings to DOS every time I save?

Josh Comer November 14, 2014

It seems that every time I make a change to my README file using the editor in Bitbucket, it converts the line endings of the file to DOS. We try and only use linux line endings, so this becomes pretty annoying as it nukes the previous endings always in favour of DOS.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2014

If you find or create a bug, post it here as an answer for posterity.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2014

Understood. If the community comes up short on this, you can submit a bug report at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/

0 votes

Both, if possible.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2014

Just out of curiosity, are you actually looking for an explanation of Atlassian's reason for designing Bitbucket that way, or are you asking if there's a way to change it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events