• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why does "Sync Now" want to merge staging into my branch? I would never want this to happen.

sync_now.PNG

My staging branch is where devs merge code to test. If they were to click the "Sync Now" link it would pollute their dev branch with all kinds of stuff that we do not *ever* want to be in there. I can understand syncing the master branch into their dev branch, but not any other branch.

How can I turn this option off?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jarredc Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2020

thanks for the feedback, John. I can see why it would be useful to disable that functionality in certain circumstances. I'll give this some thought and put it into our backlog

Thanks jarredc. That would be awesome and prevent crossing the streams on dev work.

0 votes
Tyler T Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2020

Hi @John Varady , welcome to the Community!

Just to clarify, for your workflow do you?:

• Branch off master for your feature branch
  • Target your feature branch against staging in your pull request

Thank you

Hello Tyler - yes that is the workflow we are using. 

We have a staging branch that deploys to a server where devs will push code for client approval. This code may need a few revisions before the client accepts it and the staging branch could contain work for many features in development.

Once the client approves the work, the dev will open a PR to master. If for some reason they clicked the "Sync Now" link, it would pull other feature branches into their branch that may be on staging but not ready for prime time.

Like Tyler T likes this
Tyler T Atlassian Team Jan 24, 2020

Thank you for the detailed explanation about your workflow! This is very helpful. I've shared it with the team that owns this feature.

Like John Varady likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

451 views 4 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you