Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does BitBucket Server sometimes take hours to update a pull request with a new commit?

David Karr August 3, 2020

We use Bitbucket Server v6.10.2.

I am just a user, I don't have any ability to see or administer BitBucket. I'm just looking for clues for my current issue, to hopefully pass on to the people who maintain our BitBucket Server installation here.

I often see situations where I will push a new commit to an existing feature branch that already has a pull request created for it, and then I find that it takes quite a long time for that new commit to be visible in the pull request, even when I can see the new commit in the "Branches" section of the repository.

And when I say "quite a long time", I mean hours.  The vast majority of the time, the new commits are visible immediately after pushing them. It's just these annoying less common instances where it seems to take forever to be able to see the commit in the pull request.

It's hard to tell how often this happens in the enterprise.  I know it happens to other people, but I think the vast majority of developers here don't realize it's happening.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events