Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I see so many Atlassian staff accounts?

David Crist March 8, 2017

I am looking under my current plan and I see 55 Atlassian Staff accounts along with my own staff accounts. Why do so many staff members show up and what are they able to see? How do you audit what they do and see, with that level of access.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2017

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Our Support Engineers have a feature where we can gain access to your account to perform troubleshooting on your account / repository. The way this is designed is via groups, so instead of having one of the engineers gain access, we give all support engineers access. You can read this in our Customer Agreement 7.4 (https://www.atlassian.com/legal/customer-agreement):

7.4 Your Data.Your Data” means any data, content, code, video, images or other materials of any type that you upload, submit or otherwise transmit to or through Hosted Services. You will retain all right, title and interest in and to Your Data in the form provided to Atlassian. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you hereby grant to Atlassian a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free right to (a) collect, use, copy, store, transmit, modify and create derivative works of Your Data, in each case solely to the extent necessary to provide the applicable Hosted Service to you and (b) for Hosted Services that enable you to share Your Data or interact with other people, to distribute and publicly perform and display Your Data as you (or your Authorized Users) direct or enable through the Hosted Service. Atlassian may also access your account or instance in order to respond to your support requests.

That being said, this does look a bit messy and we're looking for ways to either remove access automatically (in case support engineers forget to remove their access) or hide this level of access. We will never take your code or modify anything in your account without explicit permission to do so.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events