Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep getting transfer requests?

c January 10, 2022

In the last 30 days or so, I have gotten at least 7 or so random transfer requests.

What's with this?

2 answers

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2022

Hi, @c, welcome to the community! 

In order to transfer a repository to someone, the user needs to inform the Workspace ID of the user to whom they want to transfer the repository, so you must have a Bitbucket account to receive any repository transfer. Checking the Bitbucket account linked to the email you used to create this question, I can see it was created in 2013.

This means someone is trying to transfer some repositories to you. Maybe the user who is offering the ownership of these repos added the wrong workspace ID when transferring them.

In any case, if you don’t want to accept this transfer, you can open View transfer request > select Reject.

I hope this clarifies the situation, but please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Hi @c

I'm guessing that https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/transfer-repository-ownership/ would be what you're referring to?

CCM

c January 11, 2022

Yes, but I didn't even have an Atlassian account at the email I was getting the requests until I made it for this post.

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

My guess would be that your email may be receiving a notification via an email alias/forwarding rule/distribution group that was setup by another staff member. 

CCM

c January 17, 2022

It is a personal account and email. The requests are from random people I have no idea who they are.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events