Why didn't I receive verification email?

cntt-antbot August 10, 2021

Hi!

I'm trying to set up a new account in Bitbucket for my team, but I didn't receive the verification email. So I tried to log on using google. But I need to create a password for the account. I read in the web that if you log out and say that you forgot the password, choose to reset the password, you can create a new password that way. However, I didn't receive the email as well. And now I'm lock out of bitbucket even if I use log in using google option.

Anyway I can recover or re-setup the account? Cos that email is kind of fix, I can't make a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2021

Hi, @cntt-antbot! Welcome to the community! 

I checked our logs and confirmed that your email had a block on the server that prevented emails from being sent to your address, so that's the reason you didn't receive these emails. This can occur when the system tries to send an email and the account does not exist yet, it's not activated, or it rejects the email for some internal reason.

In this case, I removed your email from this suppression list and now you should be able to receive the email with the recovery link to your Bitbucket account.

Could you please test it again and confirm if you receive this email? You can follow the next steps to do that:

• Access the page https://bitbucket.org and select the option to log in

• Select the option Can't log in? 

• Inform your email and click on Send recovery link

• You should receive an email to set a new password

Please let me know how it goes and feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

cntt-antbot August 11, 2021

Thank you very much! I was able to reset my password now. Thanks for your help! I appreciate it!

Like Caroline R likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events