Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't you add more than one assignee to an issue?

bkoatz August 6, 2015

2 answers

0 votes
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2015

JIRA was designed that way. You can configure JIRA in a number of ways using groups combined with setting notifications to ensure a group of people are emailed at any stage in an issue's workflow.

However, JIRA (and any workflow or process engine) works best when you have one person assigned an issue so that you know who is ultimately responsible for it until it goes to the next step in the process.

Perhaps you can explain a little more about what you're trying to achieve?

bkoatz August 9, 2015

I was just trying to use the Issues feature to do some big-picture planning. We have two backend engineers and me and the other were going to get together to transition our project to Django 1.8, since we've both had toruble doing it along. I wanted to mark this down but couldn't, and it's not really something that can be broken down into more Agile parts, so I just wanted to know why I couldn't assign a list of ppl to do something

0 votes
Randall Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

Because Atlassian coded JIRA that way and more than one owner would not be Agile!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events