Why can't I delete my repository ?

Warren Timson March 29, 2016

Yesterday I was learning about BitBucket. From my home PC I created and deleted a few repositories.

Today (from my office PC) I cannot delete my repositories or update the status of any issues.

I am using the same username and password to login to bit bucket so why can I not perform these actions?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

Hi Warren,

Thanks for clarifying this. In this case, I believe this is in fact due to the use of IE 9 - according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/which-browsers-does-bitbucket-support-296092232.html Bitbucket Cloud is tested for the browsers Chrome, Firefox and IE 11+.

Regards,

Gustavo

0 votes
Warren Timson March 30, 2016

Just submitted an extensive response to your questions Gustavo but I can't see it displayed in this thread. So here is a shorter version.  

• Using https://bitbucket.org
  • "RESOLVING" an issue doesn't do anything when you click it. Page just sits there fully responsive waiting for you to do something else.

I believe the issue is Internet Explorer 9 related. All functionality works fine in Firefox, Chrome, Edge but not in IE9.

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

Hi Warren,

Could you please provide further details about your issue? Please inform things such as:

• Do you get any errors when trying to delete a repository?
  • What do you mean by "update the status of any issues"? What issues are you talking about?
  • Assuming the risk of asking a silly question, are you accessing the same instance of Bitbucket Server? In case you're actually accessing bitbucket.org please let us know, since that would then be Bitbucket Cloud, and not Bitbucket Server.

Regards,

Gustavo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events