Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all my settings and repositories are gone after restarting the server?

Fahad Alsaeed January 13, 2016

Hi all,

I've installed Bitbucket on Windows 2012 R2. After each restart everything is gone. It just takes my to the setup page when I try to browse my repositories.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

Hi Fahad,

From your description I think it could be that, after a restart, the value of BITBUCKET_HOME is getting lost. BITBUCKET_HOME is your data directory, which keeps part of your instance's data. Can you please check this when a restart occurs? You may reference to the following documentation, depending on how Bitbucket was installed:

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Deleted user September 22, 2016

We have the same problem. We have installed as a windows service.

Running tomcat8w //ES//AtlassianBitbucket does nothing. No window pops up to change the home directory.

However running shutdown_bitbucket.bat lists the home directory as correct.

0 votes
Fahad Alsaeed January 14, 2016

Thank you Gustavo for your answer.

I've checked the BITBUCKET_HOME and found it was pointing to the correct directory. Then I've created some projects to see if the settings will get lost after I restart the machine. After restarting nothing is lost.

I searched for the other BITBUCKET_HOME which may hold my old settings. But no luck.

Anyways thank you again for your answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events