Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Reject Force Push option to master branch not working

Honeywell JIRA Admin September 29, 2015

Hi,

We are evalulating the plugin  "Force Field" version 1.2.1 on Bitbucket Server 3.11.2.

I configured the hook for a test repository and enabled it. Under "Reject Force Push to Branch" I set the value of 

Hook did not blocked the force push. Did I do something wrong?

Could you please guide? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Praveen

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2015

If you are using Bitbucket Server 3.10 or higher, Bitbucket Server's built-in branch permissions will let you do the equivalent of the "Force Field" hook. 
You can set up a permission on the branch and tick the "Prevent rewriting history" checkbox. 

Note that this will only reject commits that actually rewrite the history. Doing a git push --force on a branch that can be fast forwarded will not be rejected. (As in that case the --force option is redundant)

It will also prevent pushing rebases of the branch. 

I hope this helps, 

Felix Haehnel

0 votes
Nirmal Shankar September 29, 2015

Haven't used Force field plugin yet, but stash comes with a Reject Force Push , if you enable that it works fine for sure. Only difference is you cant select the branches that you want this to be applied to. Other work around would be to use the branch permissions in stash to prevent push to master(again that is push to master in general and not push --force)

Honeywell JIRA Admin March 10, 2016

Thanks. Your input helped.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events