Which load-balancer are people using for Bitbucket?

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

We want to use Bitbucket datacenter and set up a HA active-active cluster and i am curious to what loadbalancer people are using for such a setup? It says i can use a loadbalancer of my choose but it makes sense selecting a loadbalancer which has been tested not to reinvent the wheel all over again.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pierre Zurmely October 11, 2016

Hello Jonas,

We use HAProxy with round robin distribution. It was recommended for the first Stash data center, as Stash dev were more at ease with HAProxy. It works pretty well today for our 6000 users instance, distributing workload on 5 different nodes.

This is an old stash 3.11 documentation that could give you a first glance about haproxy usage:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH0311/Installing+Stash+Data+Center#InstallingStashDataCenter-loadbalancer7.Installandconfigureyourloadbalancer

Regards,

Pierre

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events