Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which creator/admin account controls the member limits in a team?

Miguel Paraz May 1, 2013

Hi,

A colleague signed up for a $10/month account, and created a team.

He then assigned me as an administrator.

However, I got the notice:

It's time for <<team-name>> to upgrade to the next user level. Committers will have read-only access. Upgrade now.

How do I make the user limit charge against my colleague?

The setup is that my colleague handles the payments, and I handle the administration.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2013

The user limit applies only to the team or paid user account, not to the individual members. Depending on your desired development workflow, forks where your team members need access will need to be owned by the paid team. If an individual forks into their own account, they will need to remove access to not go over the plan limit.

Miguel Paraz May 5, 2013

Thanks. This is resolved now.

It wasn't clear to me at first that the account needed to be a team account.

I understood it as: a paid user can create the teams, and the team will have the higher limits.

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2013

The person that is main technical or billing contact for the license, can access his/her my.atlassian.com account and change the license from there to adjust the user limit.

Miguel Paraz May 1, 2013

Thanks. Sorry I wasn't so clear.

The person who set up the account (I'm not sure about the technical and billing contact) has the $10 account for 10 users. I, an admin, have a free account for 5 users.

The team is now 7 members in size but it hit the limit. So, it looks like the paid account isn't being charged.

My question is - how could this happen, and how do we make the users charge against the paid account?

0 votes
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

Hi Miguel,

Regarding to the license I will recommend you to contact Atlassian Sales directly via email: sales@atlassian.com or if you would like quicker assistance please feel free to call one of our offices (please select the sales or customer service phone menu option):

• Amsterdam: +31 20 796 0060
  • San Francisco: +1 415 701 1110
  • Sydney: +61 2 9262 1443

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions/problems. :)

Have a nice day

Warm Regards

Miguel Paraz May 1, 2013

Thanks, I'll contact sales when I get more details about the account my colleague bought.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events