Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the commit graph?

rmvega August 7, 2016

At work, the Bitbucket has a button on the left that is named "network" that I find very useful. I found a plugin named "commit graph" that looked like the same thing online, and tried to install it, but it is not working. When I simply look for integrations from within bitbucket, this add-on is not in the list. Is there a better way to get this feature that I do not know about?

3 answers

4 votes
G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

Update:

Thanks to your Aug 25th answer, I now understand the problem.  You're using Bitbucket Cloud, which is a completely different product.   Atlassian renamed "Stash Server" to "Bitbucket Server" about a year ago, and much confusion has ensued.

To answer you specifically, just click on the 'Commits' link to see the commit graph. 

Example:  https://bitbucket.org/gsylviedavies/bit-booster-with-commit-graph-and-more/commits/all

(Interesting fact:  the Bitbucket Cloud graph came first, and the "Network Graph" developed by Chason Choate for Bitbucket Server was inspired by it!)

---

(Here's my original answer, but it assumed Richard was using Bitbucket Server):

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on.    You can uninstall it from the "Manage add-ons" page inside your Bitbucket server's admin settings.  You can reinstall it from the "Find new add-ons" page.

The "Network" link should appear after a successful installation.  If things go bad try taking a look on the "Manage Add-Ons" screen.  The "Commit Graph" add-on should say "6 of 6 modules enabled" if installation succeeds.  Try clicking on the little "+" button next to that to further troubleshoot.

And don't forget to try my Bit-Booster Commit Graph and More add-on.  It does the same thing and it's way better.   cheeky

With my add-on the icon is called "All Branches Graph".  I have a live demo you can try.  User "test" and pass "test".

0 votes
rmvega August 25, 2016

I do not see the "Manage add-ons" page. There is something called "Manage integrations." There is also a "Find integrations" page, but the commit graph is not there. On the "Manage add-ons" page, there is a link that says "Install add-on from URL," but I do not know the url to put there. The instructions from the commit-graph github says to clone the repo, and the run the atlas-run command, but when I do this, I get many warnings and it never actually succeeds. If I click on the "Get it now" button on the commit-graph website, it downloads a .jar file, which I then can extract, but there is no readme or installation instructions. Please help.

G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2016

I've updated my answer based on the info you provided here, thanks!

Anupam May 12, 2019

No there is no any graph like gitlab or github has... 

but it has the connected structure graph with branch and commit status. And it is awesome actually.

But commit status graph should be in profile page. It is kind of reward for developers to see his/her work done in past many years.

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2016

That plugin is how we do it as well.  I believe there are some other plugins with similar functionality, but it's not a core feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events