Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the DVCS Accounts entry?

Victor Catana July 29, 2012

Hello,

I have installed the Jira DVCS Connection Plugin (v.1.0.3) and followed the instructons from here on how to link a github account.

In my Manage DVCS Accounts (Administration > Plugins > DVCS Accounts) I can see the repository and last commit.

When I attempt to link this reposityory to a project, I find that there is no DVCS Accounts under the

Summary > Settings section.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thank you

3 answers

2 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2012

Hi Victor,

I notice that you are trying to connect to a Github account, so have you configured the OAuth settings for GitHub before attempting to connect to your repositories?

1. Log in a user with administrator access to your JIRA instance.
  2. Choose username > Administration from the dashboard menu.
    The Administrator page appears.
  3. Open the Issues tab and click Source Control > GitHub OAuth Settings.
  4. Follow the instructions on the page.

Hope that helps,
John

Victor Catana July 29, 2012

Thank you for your reply John, I have configured Github OAuth Settings, this enabled me to add the GitHub account and the repository.

The issue is related to the fact that I cannot link the repository to the project, under the Settings Panel on the Project Summary I don't have any DVCS option. I do have an "CVS Modules" but nothing relating to DVCS

My "fealing" is that the plugin is installed, the repository is connected, but how do I link the project to the repository I just added.

Victor

Project Administration

Will Pierlot November 22, 2016

Can't find it

Like Megan likes this
1 vote
dungphanpm January 14, 2020

I can't find it

dungphanpm February 8, 2020

I found it by following way:

1. access this link with your domain name: https://{your_domain_name}.atlassian.net/secure/SoftwareConfig.jspa?decorator=admin

2. look at the `Integration` section on the left of the screen (as screenshot below)

image_2020_02_09T05_23_38_641Z.png

Like # people like this
Timo Laru February 18, 2020

Thanks for that tip!

How on earth did you actually land into that view without direct URL? 

I don't see those integrations in Jira Settings if I try to get there by using the links in the menus. With the direct URL you mentioned I see the DVCS accounts etc. The only other way to get there seems to be via "Search Jira Admin" functionality.

This Settings view is just horrible kludge. 

Gary Palmer October 22, 2020

never would have found this!  not sure why there isnt already a link to get here easily

0 votes
jamal July 29, 2019

Same issue here, can't find DVCS connector option in my altassian dashboard.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events