Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my Cloned Repository?

Andre January 30, 2020

I am learning about Pipelines. My objective is to use a pipeline to deploy the code to a Digitalocean server. The SSH and the Server is set.

The pipeline runs without errors but when I go to the server there is nothing there. How can I make cloned repository show up in the destination server?

My Pipeline: 

image: node:12.13.0
pipelines:
default:
- step:
name: Deploy to Staging
deployment: staging
script:
-
apt-get update && apt-get install -y unzip git
-
sh script_CloneOnly.sh
definitions:
services:
mongo:
image: mongo

The script:

#!/bin/bash
git clone --bare git@bitbucket.org:team1/myrepo.git

cd
myrepo.git

git fetch origin --tags

Then I get the following output:

+ sh script_CloneOnly.sh

Checking out the source repository

Cloning into bare repository 'myrepo.git'...

Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '18.205.93.0' to the list of known hosts.

Entering the checked out repository

Downloading the source repository

Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '18.205.93.1' to the list of known hosts.

From bitbucket.org:team1/myrepo

* branch            HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD

I expected to find the cloned repository in the server but there is nothing there. What is going wrong with my pipeline? Why I can't clone the repo to the server and keep it there? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hello @Andre,

There's nothing in your pipeline configuration pointing to your remote server in DigitalOcean. Your current script simply clones team1/myrepo repository onto machine that runs the pipeline, that is, Bitbucket machine, not the remote server.

Depending on what your desired deployment mechanism looks like, I'd expect to see either adding another remote to the repo (which is already there, provided by Pipelines, so you don't need to clone it again) and then git push, or maybe rsync, or something else to actually copy the files to the remote server in DigitalOcean.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Daniil

Andre January 31, 2020

Hi @Daniil Penkin

Ok, now I understand, the setup of the remote server in the repository page is not enough to send the app to the server. I must add SSH instructions in the pipeline, something, under script:,  like:

- ssh root@167.99.185.20 touch mytxt.txt 

Now it works, 

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events