Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Java Library with class definitions for Stash REST API response objects?

michael_giroux August 21, 2015

I'm trying to automate some tasks that will examine all repositories in all projects.  I have been using curl to invoke REST API to retrieve list of projects and repos.  I use python to process the json response.

Prototyping is complete and we are now implementing the code in Java.  I added the maven dependency for stash-api, but that only includes the Interface for Project, so I cannot deserialize the response.

What is the correct maven dependency to include a library with class implementations that I can use to deserialize the object?

String json_response = stash_rest_api_projects();

Gson gson = new Gson();

Project p = gson.fromJson(json_response, Project.class);

This results in the error:

Unable to invoke no-args constructor for interface com.atlassian.stash.project.Project. Register an InstanceCreator with Gson for this type may fix this problem.

1 answer

0 votes
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2015

Hi Michael,

The stash-api JAR contains the interfaces for the Java plugin API, not the REST API.

I'd recommend checking out the Stash REST API client from Atlassian Labs: https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/stash-java-client

cheers,

Tim

Deleted user August 21, 2015

Thanks. I've cloned the repo and will take a look at it. Could you tell me where the repo is for the parent pom? com.atlassian.pom:public-pom

TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2015

You may need to [install the Atlassian SDK|https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Set+up+the+Atlassian+Plugin+SDK+and+Build+a+Project] and either use the atlas-mvn command it comes packaged with, or copy over the settings from the embedded maven settings.xml file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events