Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find SVN Flash and can I download it to use?

Melissa B. August 28, 2012

Hi,

I read that SVN Flash is a great tool to use for integrating JIRA and SVN. Is this free for me to download and use? Not sure where to find it so I can download it.

Thanks in advance.

Melissa

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Mainly due my personal work overload and the low interest of the JIRA community.

Melissa B. September 7, 2012

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your response. I understand about workload. Too bad it's no longer an available/supported tool.

Respectfully,

Melissa

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2012

Hope I got free time in the future to rescue the major SVNFlash killer feature: a cache for the whole repository history. It was faster than TortoiseSVN and Subclipse. Moreover, SVNFlash was able to show JIRA issues related to SVN commits.

I've found and old image on the Internet: it shows a revision graph for an element in the apache.org's public Subversion repository (>1 million of commits). Well, it does not show any JIRA Issue because the option for itwas not selected in the example.

Pablo.

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2013

The 3.0 version of the plug-in (it has changed its name to Subverion Plus) shows similar revision graphs to the original SVNFlash... in HTML5 this time.

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2013

Good news. SVNFlash is resurrecting, silently. And it looks healthy.

The first main step is completed, I forked the Atlassian JIRA Subversion plug-in and replaced the Lucene index by a Java relational database (currently Derby) and it seems to work nicely:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211294

Coming soon the second announcement ;)

Pablo.

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013

More good news: The second phase has already been acomplished.

Well, it does not look like the original SVNFlash and it is not so powerful, but it is going in the same direction. Probably, it is a bit difficult figure out the relationship between this and the original SVNFlash... the next major relase will bring a lot of light for sure.

This 2.0.0 version bundles a Web Client for Subversion. Thus, you can explore all your repositores from within JIRA and it's fully integrated with the JIRA Subversion plug-in fork.

Stay tuned for the next announcement ;).

0 votes
Tom Salamat December 5, 2012

+1 for Pablo finding the time to bring SVNFlash back to life. All alternatives suck!

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2012

It was discontinued some time ago :(

Pablo.

Matti Kiviharju
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2012

Why did you discontinuedit?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events