Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did my stashes go?

Aaron Reynaldos February 8, 2012

I created stashes within SourceTree. I quit the application, and when reopening, my stashes are not shown!

I can see them in git, command line, but SourceTree has no knowledge of them anymore. How can I import them back? Is this a bug? Or a "feature"?

5 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

They shouldn't / can't have gone anywhere, SourceTree doesn't actually save them itself, it gets them from 'git stash list', so stopping & restarting SourceTree couldn't have lost them.

Are you sure that they're not just hidden? On Lion when you collapse the top level of a 'Source List' style outline view you don't see the disclosure triangle any more like Snow Leopard, you only see the word 'Show' or 'Hide' when you hover the mouse pointer over the item. Can you try hovering your mouse pointer over 'STASHES' in the sidebar to see whether 'Show' appears, in which case click it?

Aaron Reynaldos February 9, 2012

Thanks a lot Steve! That was it!

I feel embarrased now to know about what it was, but thinking about it, how on Earth did the people at Apple design something like that? You're right, there is no way of telling if there are items below a grouping unless you hover on them.

Thanks...

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking to be honest. I also liked my coloured sidebar icons in Finder. Hey ho ;)

Joe Nash August 20, 2013

Sorry I'm a bit confused here... I did a stash, but I want to know how to unstash my changes. I can't seem to work out where they've gone! Thanks!

jregen January 7, 2015

Thanks. quite helpful. I figured the stash was there, just did not know what the UI contortions were to retrieve it.

Laurent Giroud December 14, 2015

The discoverability of this Stashes list is quite low. The Stashes list is unexpanded by default and when one stashes, there is no indication that one more stash was added to that list. A small (1) on the right side of the "Stashes" entry would really help indicating that there are usable elements in that list.

3 votes
Ian Jeffray August 27, 2013

On the left sidebar, hover over "Stashes" and you'll get a "SHOW" button. Hit it. Then you'll see your stashes, and can apply or delete them from there.

Joe Nash August 27, 2013

Thanks Ian ;)

Nayden Gochev September 29, 2014

dont see anything like that..

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2014

There is a nice screenshot in this question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/9380780

1 vote
VishalGirisagar January 10, 2017
1 vote
monkeypunch April 9, 2014

I'm trying to figure this out as well. I've opened the Stashes section and see my stash. Is there a way to restore or merge back in files one by one? I only want to restore a few files and discard the rest. Is possible==true?

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2014

This should be a new question. You would have to apply the entire stash, then unstage/revert any changes you don't want to include.

1 vote
Joe Nash August 20, 2013

Sorry I'm a bit confused here... I did a stash, but I want to know how to unstash my changes. I can't seem to work out where they've gone! Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events