Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When my dev commits code, stash does not show the commits in the web UI.

Greg Hayden October 19, 2014

When my dev commits code we can see it in source tree but the UI does not show any commits and we cannot get past the basics to git page.

Thanks

5 answers

0 votes
Aaron Aichlmayr October 19, 2014

I have pushed to the repo and can pull via the ssh: url (I'm the dev)

0 votes
Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2014

Just as a precautionary measure since I don't know where you stand on the 'new to git' to 'git guru' scale - after committing, you run 'git push' to move your code from your local computer up to Stash, right? And the output of the push command shows no errors? SourceTree works on your local computer so will show the commits even before they are pushed.

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2014

Hi Greg,

As Michael mentioned, you need to push your commits to Stash after committing to your local repo with your Sourcetree. Please refer to Importing code from an existing project.

Just giving more insight on the hook issue mentioned by Michael, you could try to look into the quirks we found and published on: Pull Requests Not Reflecting Changes Pushed to Remote Branch After an Upgrade. The effect on the KB is different to what you describe but the cause (hooks permission) is the same.

Feel free to raise an issue in SAC and we will look into it for you.

I hope these details help.

Cheers,

Thiago

Mika Nokka October 22, 2015

I had the same issue (web UI not showing Bucket Server commits), your article how to fix the hook permissions was The solution. Thanks!

0 votes
Greg Hayden October 19, 2014

I would but its down.  I will when its back up unless you have a suggestion of where to look?

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2014

Maintenance on https://support.atlassian.com has finished, it's up again.

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2014

Hi Greg,

By 'we cannot get past the basics to git page', do you mean the 'You have an empty repository page'? If so, it sounds like hooks aren't being triggered when you push to the repository (a cache controlling the 'empty' check should be invalidated when a push happens). Can you open a support request on https://support.atlassian.com and upload a support zip (Admin > Atlassian Support Tools > Support Zip) so we can have a look at your logs etc?

Cheers,

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events