Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What product should I use as a independent developer / freelancer

Jasper Lai August 30, 2017
I know it is a stupid question to ask, I like to start my own business myself first, what tools should I use? Now I am using bitbucket on cloud only... I am not sure jira, confluence, trello will help since I work alone now, and not sure my client will use them too...
Any products on cloud eg. Bitbucket, jira, confluence, if I use on cloud first, is it feasible to migrate to my host later?

1 answer

0 votes
lumoura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

Hey Jasper

Best of luck in starting your new business.

Each Atlassian product has its own possibilities, and most of then have integrations with each other.

It also depends on what kind of businesses and activities you will run.

All of them are focused to collaborate and create great projects.

Regarding your question related to using cloud first and then migrate to your own host: Some features only work on one platform, but the core of functionality work on both.

Still, to give the proper answer more info would be needed. But I believe this could shed some light on your question.

Best regards,

Lucas de Moura  

Jasper Lai August 30, 2017

Hi Lucas, 

Thanks, yes, my business will be some software and web development.

Would it be useful now if I purchase some collaborating tools cause I work alone from the beginning.

Is jira is just enough for me now? 

Later go for confluence or trello something like that if I can form a team?

BTW, is there some features compare charts between cloud host and self host?

I cloud host first at atlassian, only consider to self host later if I can afford a complete hardware infrastructure. Will it has problems about data migrate from atlassian to self Host?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

I'd say Jira may be overkill compared with Trello.  Trello is a simple task manager, not a lot more complicated than the set of post-it notes on my 'fridge.  Whereas JIRA has a full workflow engine, flexible fields, powerful permissions and so-on - it's aimed squarely at teams with distinct process, and many teams.  But if you like it for some of it's power, you may find Trello underpowered if you look at it later.

I'd say JIRA + Bitbucket is more than enough to get started with - some small teams I know even skip Confluence and document stuff in JIRA!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events