Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What options do I have for deploying to a web server behind the firewall from Bitbucket Cloud pipelines?

Nick Reilingh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

Using Pipelines on Bitbucket Cloud, what options do I have for automating deployments to a web server where SSH is firewalled off?

I realize that typically in a network situation like this, you'd host your CI server on-prem, but I don't think that's in our future.

The web server is Apache – so far the best option I can come up with would be to use a PHP or other CGI script like a web hook – so the web server would pull down new artifacts or git clone when Bitbucket calls that CGI endpoint over HTTPS.

1 answer

0 votes
ojongerius January 12, 2017

I think creating an endpoint to receive notifications is a fine option. We do not support artifacts yet, but in the meanwhile your deployment could upload the artifact to a storage solution like S3, and your service could pull the result down.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events