Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens in a Jira ticket when I select a development build (linked to BitBucket)?

David Vanzandt June 7, 2022

As a database administrator, my contribution to a sprint includes database change requests (as Jira tickets) as well as Oracle SQL scripts, Bash scripts, data files, YML files, and documentation. I was trained to develop the package as a folder in BitBucket, then commit the whole tree as a build request in SourceTree. My trainer has moved on. 

I do understand that a pull to my local branch, and subsequent push to commit, are simply a set of objects with pathnames. I think what I'm missing is that (1) I've only added SQL scripts on Jira tickets; and (2) I have not created a branch in the Development link. In large part, it's just my ignorance about whether that's the right and missing step. The only option provided is to create a branch -- which implies that I'll end up with a separate branch for every object in my directory tree. Ultimately, my directory tree is cloned for each successive build, then objects are modified and pushed up for a  sprint.

TL:DR I think I grasp associating every script in a sprint with its own Jira ticket. What about the supporting objects such as YML and DAT extensions?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events