Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I do?

masashi_sekoguchi April 4, 2020

~/environment/sample_app$ git push -u origin master

Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '2406:da00:ff00::3403:4be7' to the list of known hosts.
Counting objects: 87, done.
Delta compression using up to 16 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (73/73), done.
Writing objects: 100% (87/87), 21.27 KiB | 5.32 MiB/s, done.
Total 87 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: hooks/pre-receive: line 5: /opt/python/domains/bitbucket.org/current/bitbucket/scripts/git/hooks/pre-receive: No such file or directory
To bitbucket.org:2wc28582bj9/sample_app.git
! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git@bitbucket.org:2wc28582bj9/sample_app.git'

15 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Raul Gomis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2020

Hi all,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. We had an issue with a couple of unhealthy nodes that were added to the node pool and caused intermittent git push issues over SSH to a low percentage of traffic: https://bitbucket.status.atlassian.com/incidents/rq1l29j2d0zq

The issue should be fixed now as we removed the nodes from the pool. We will conduct a post incident review to make sure this type of issue doesn't happen again. 

Regards,

Raul

Nwosu, Samuel April 21, 2020

Issue has reappeared and is affecting several users. 

Like # people like this
dannenbr April 21, 2020

Also experiencing the same issue..

remote: hooks/pre-receive: line 5: /opt/python/domains/bitbucket.org/current/bitbucket/scripts/git/hooks/pre-receive: No such file or directory

Like # people like this
rehcgt April 21, 2020

I'm also receiving this message when doing a git push

Like Ivan_Cheng likes this
caesarivs April 21, 2020

I'm currently experiencing the same issue, can't push to our company repos:

! [remote rejected] (pre-receive hook declined)

Like Ivan_Cheng likes this
14 votes

Currently experiencing this issue

Roland Vassallo April 21, 2020

same

Like # people like this
stevenjn April 21, 2020

Same here.

Like # people like this
Aleksandar April 21, 2020

Same here.

Like # people like this
kona25 April 21, 2020

Currently experiencing this issue as well.

Like # people like this
jacobfeder April 21, 2020

+1

Like lfiore-tbf likes this
Raquel López April 21, 2020

+1

Vipula S Anandapiya April 21, 2020

Same error. Any quick fixes ?

Anne Cloutier April 21, 2020

Ditto

As of writing, the only answer seems to be to try several times. I was able to do a push after 20 minutes of trying

Like # people like this
nycdevops April 21, 2020

I am as well

Steve Smythe April 21, 2020

Same

5 votes
lfiore-tbf April 21, 2020

Pushing master
Enumerating objects: 86, done.
Delta compression using up to 3 threads
Total 73 (delta 61), reused 0 (delta 0)
POST git-receive-pack (9533 bytes)
Remote: hooks/pre-receive: line 5: /opt/python/domains/bitbucket.org/current/bitbucket/scripts/git/hooks/pre-receive: No such file or directory

2 votes
TimHogan-Princeton April 21, 2020

It's back to working for me now. I'm guessing you simply have to wait a little until "your node" gets fixed. I wonder if these nodes get tested or are they asymptomatic? That would explain things. Remember to wash your hands afterwards.

2 votes
ahnilica April 21, 2020

Also experiencing an identical error. Looks like 'unhealthy nodes' made their way back into the system

2 votes
swarna-a-26 April 21, 2020

same here, Experiencing it ..just now..

Any solution for this?

Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)

error: failed to push some refs 

2 votes
ljb0904 April 21, 2020

Also experiencing this:

Enumerating objects: 11, done.
Counting objects: 100% (11/11), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (6/6), done.
Writing objects: 100% (6/6), 604 bytes | 604.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 6 (delta 5), reused 0 (delta 0)
To https://bitbucket.org/laurentbaig/dna-process.git
! [remote rejected] staging -> staging (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://laurentbaig@bitbucket.org/laurentbaig/dna-process.git'
ljb0904 April 21, 2020

---

2 votes
TimHogan-Princeton April 21, 2020

Me too - just now 4/21/2020 6:25pm Eastern Time

C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\projects\SAFE\repos\safe>git push
Counting objects: 8, done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (8/8), done.
Writing objects: 100% (8/8), 3.68 KiB | 753.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 8 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
To https://bitbucket.org/princeton/safe.git
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://TimHogan-Princeton@bitbucket.org/princeton/safe.git'

2 votes
dceddia April 5, 2020

I just got this too. Ironically, as I was trying to push a blog post about deploying things with git...

It worked on the second try though.

It definitely looks like a problem on BitBucket's end. Since it works "sometimes", maybe their load balancer is balancing between a few servers where one/some are broken, and others are working correctly.

Hopefully they fix it soon!

netsmile-daniel April 5, 2020

I sent an official support request to them, since it has a major impact on our release cycle right now.

@dceddia I think you nailed it. I just go a response from their support telling me this

We've identified one of our SSH boxes is causing the intermittent issue that you're seeing.
FYI, we've removed the faulty box from the SSH pool and would you try to rerun the build then let us know how it goes?

So I restarted the build process once more and so far it hasn't failed yet, and all git operations are done now. So I'd say that was it.

Like dceddia likes this
1 vote

And just to make this perfectly clear to people who still suggest to me to just "run it again". THAT IS NOT AN OPTION!

We have 25~30 repos in our build. So clearly, trying to rebuild it until it succeeds is not an option, because it can fail in any of those repos at any time. It would also take a lot of our time to manually do this and monitor for success. Which is also clearly not what you want in an automated build process.... since the reason you automated it is to not have to monitor and run in it manually.

Does that make sense to you? Because it makes a lot of sense to me! So stop suggestion to me to run things again!!!

1 vote

Getting the same error, which is rather annoying, because it is stopping our whole build process right now.

Can we get this fixed ASAP please? Thank you!

Note: there were no changes in the affected repositories in the last 7 weeks, so this is not an issue that comes from our side. This is a bitbucket issue!!!

hor_se April 5, 2020

Try until it's working, connection problem. It's ok now for me

Like john.marno likes this

> Try until it's working, connection problem. It's ok now for me

.... Really now? That is your suggestion? How about you start calling some people in your team and get this bug looked into and fixed? Because my team and I, as well as the other 2~3 people who reported this here, we can not be the only ones affected by this.

Could you please do that? Thank you.

PS: I already tried and re-run the same git commands several times, it is still failing 100% of the time. So that is clearly not a solution.

hor_se April 5, 2020

I'm not working for atlassian. I'm just an user

I see. In that case, ignore my request. But also, please stop suggesting to people to just retry, when it clearly does not work 100% of the time.

That is counter productive and doesn't help anybody who still faces this issue even after retrying multiple times!

Like Anne Cloutier likes this
0 votes

Further information: it now happens on other repositories for us that it didn't happen on before. It happened on repo C out of repos A, B, C, D, E, F ... Z. But now, as I manually intervened and ignored repo C, it happens for repo A all of a sudden.

We have about 25~30 repos for our build and deployment process for our main product, and this is affecting us heavily as we can currently not create a new build for it because of this bug.

It would be nice if someone from the Atlassian team could at least respond to this threat and give us an ETA or at least rough estimate as to when this will be fixed. Thank you.

0 votes
john.reilly April 5, 2020

I have been getting this the last couple of days. How can it be a networking error given the server is sending me an error which indicates that a directory is missing?  The root cause might be networking but the symptom appears to have nothing to do with networking.

Yeah, I don't get why this is supposed to be a network error, when the error message clearly states it is not finding a file/folder SERVER-SIDE!!!!!

0 votes
hor_se April 5, 2020

Same here :(

0 votes
Frans Flippo April 4, 2020

Same error. If I retry it usually works the second time. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about BitBucket...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2020

If it works a second time, that suggests your network is failing to find the site but telling your client computer that it has.  You'll need to talk to your DNS admins about that.  And it's git that is failing, not Bitbucket.

Tyler Waters April 4, 2020

Getting this exact same thing -- the line,

Note "remote" at the beginning -- this does imply that it is the remote that is failing (i.e. bitbucket).

I hit this immediately after creating a repository and trying to push into it.

My guess would be there is some process in the background deploying the various hooks that bitbucket uses after initial creation -- and it wasn't done yet -- hence why it fails the first time, then works after a few minutes.

Like Frans Flippo likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2020

I can't tell you more than your networking is not working.  All of these errors appear to be down to networks not networking.

Tyler Waters April 5, 2020

If it was networking, I'd expect to see something like --

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Here we're actually getting messages from the remote saying it's busted.

Like Frans Flippo likes this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events