Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook to Jenkins for Bitbucket Server and Jenkins Pipelines

GeorgG January 4, 2017

Hi all,

we're using the Webhook to Jenkins for Bitbucket Datacenter to trigger our builds immediately. It has been working fine for years and we're quite happy with it. We have recently started to use Jenkins Pipelines. For some reason, the trigger does not work here. When testing hook, I get the following error message when clicking the Trigger Build button:

Error: Jenkins response: No git jobs using repository: https://sourcecode.socialcoding.bosch.com/scm/sc/socomon-go.git and branches: develop Scheduled indexing of socomon-go

The job is a multibranch pipeline and the git repo url matches the one specified in the webhook configuration. I'd appreciate any ideas on this.

Thanks and cheers,
Georg

5 answers

1 vote
GeorgG February 7, 2017

Hi James,

thanks a lot for your suggestion. I'm new to Jenkinsfiles so I'll have to do some reading to fully understand your suggestion. In the meantime, it turns out that the Webhook for Jenkins plugin does indeed work and does trigger our builds. The error message still shows up, though. For the time being, we're good ... I'll have a look at the Pull Request Notifier for Bitbucket plugin you mentioned, though.

Guyverthree December 18, 2017

I think the spam bots removed my comment because it contained a link to a blog, how annoying.

0 votes
Vijayakumar_psg587 November 7, 2018

So I am making use of bitbucket server and the hook configured in bitbucket seem to work properly. Maybe it is the same for bitbucket cloud as well, its almost the same answer but please revisit the config just to be sure

I also modified the default branch in the repository settings of bitbuckeScreen Shot 2018-11-07 at 5.52.43 PM.png

I configured the hooks to insert the jenkins url using the webhook plugin provided by atlassian

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 5.53.26 PM.png

These are the settings

edited.png

I installed the following plugins in jenkins

Bitbucket branch source

Bitbucket 

Now I enabled the build triggers in my pipeline project (advanced option is the name of the pipeline)

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 6.01.36 PM.png

Hope it helps!!

mayankcool786 February 4, 2020

But this job is not a multibranch pipeline Job.

0 votes
Marco Willemart October 9, 2018

I also have the same issue. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Kevin Ford April 30, 2018

Same issue and have not determine a resolution.  Any of these options work.

Connor Adams May 1, 2018

If you do find a solution please post it here :-)

0 votes
vpoyaskov December 17, 2017

Here is the key - please read docs carefuly :)

3. Enable the Poll SCM option in the Build Triggers. This is required to remotely trigger a build. Since we don’t really need to poll, you can set the poll frequency to poll very infrequently.

4. Save your project configuration.

stash-jenkins-poll-scm.png

GeorgG December 18, 2017

The configuration page of my multibranch pipeline job doesn't have a "Build Triggers" section. My understanding is that this is replaced with the section named "Scan Multibranch Pipeline Triggers" and that is already enabled with a 15 minute frequency. Still no luck.

Connor Adams February 27, 2018

Hi @GeorgG I'm in the same boat! Did you work this one out?

Pat Butkiewicz September 13, 2018

Anyone have any luck figuring out a solution to this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events