Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We would like to migrate source code and data from Bitbucket cloud to our own Bitbucket Server version. How can we do? Please advise

rongchai September 15, 2016

We would like to migrate source code and data from Bitbucket cloud to our own Bitbucket Server version. How can we do? Please advise

3 answers

1 vote
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2016

Bitbucket Server 4.9 introduced a feature to import repositories from Bitbucket Cloud and other sources. Please see Import code using the web interface for documentation surrounding that feature. There are also instructions on that page which can help guide you to import the Git repositories on versions before 4.9. 

Pull requests are not currently imported with either process.

rongchai September 16, 2016

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your answer. Let me try.

rongchai September 19, 2016

Hi Jeff,

I have more question. Can we also import Project from Bitbucket cloud to Bitbucket server? Actually we would like to migrate all data in cloud to Bitbucket server. Please advise.

Thank you.

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2016

The importer allows you to select individual repositories, so it's possible to import all repositories from a project if you'd like. The only data that can be migrated is the repository data. Any issues, comments, or pull request data are not currently able to be migrated.

rongchai September 23, 2016

Hi Jeff,

Now we have 1 team on Bitbucket cloud we need to migrate All project and Source code to Bitbucket server. Can we do that? Because now we need to create project by manual and import repository. We have a lot project and repository. Can we do like we import all these thing from Github to Bitbucket Cloud? It is just login and Bitbucket can download all these thing from Github. Can we do like that?

Anyway importer doesn't work for me I got ERROR.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-9175?utm_source=STP&utm_medium=logScan

Importing a repository fails due to process timed out

2016-09-23 17:58:56,468 ERROR [pool-8-thread-7] Rongchai @Y5KGMXx1018x4310x0 1k873lo 192.168.40.41 "POST /rest/importer/latest/projects/TEST/import/repos HTTP/1.1" c.a.b.i.i.repository.RefSyncTask Failed to import repository: TEST/tum[8]
com.atlassian.bitbucket.ServerException: An error occurred while executing an external process: process timed out
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.git.command.GitCommandExitHandler.evaluateThrowable(GitCommandExitHandler.java:113) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.git.command.GitCommandExitHandler.onError(GitCommandExitHandler.java:201) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.DefaultCommandExitHandler.onExit(DefaultCommandExitHandler.java:31) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.fetch.FetchExitHandler.onExit(FetchExitHandler.java:39) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand.callExitHandler(BaseCommand.java:146) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand$CommandFuture.internalGet(BaseCommand.java:272) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand$CommandFuture.get(BaseCommand.java:241) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand.call(BaseCommand.java:83) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.SimpleGitCommand.configureAndCall(SimpleGitCommand.java:84) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.fetch.MirrorSynchronizeCommand.call(MirrorSynchronizeCommand.java:88) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.fetch.MirrorSynchronizeCommand.call(MirrorSynchronizeCommand.java:27) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.importer.repository.RefSyncTask.syncRefs(RefSyncTask.java:114) [bitbucket-importer-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.importer.repository.RefSyncTask.lambda$call$0(RefSyncTask.java:74) [bitbucket-importer-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.user.DefaultEscalatedSecurityContext.call(DefaultEscalatedSecurityContext.java:51) ~[bitbucket-service-impl-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.importer.repository.RefSyncTask.call(RefSyncTask.java:73) [bitbucket-importer-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.importer.repository.RefSyncTask.call(RefSyncTask.java:33) [bitbucket-importer-4.9.1.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [na:1.8.0_102]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_102]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_102]
... 1 frame trimmed
Caused by: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessTimeoutException: process timed out
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.wrapUpProcess(ExternalProcessImpl.java:677) ~[atlassian-processutils-1.7.6.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.finish(ExternalProcessImpl.java:161) ~[atlassian-processutils-1.7.6.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand$CommandFuture.get(BaseCommand.java:239) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
... 13 common frames omitted
2016-09-23 17:58:56,562 DEBUG [pool-8-thread-7] Rongchai @Y5KGMXx1018x4310x0 1k873lo 192.168.40.41 "POST /rest/importer/latest/projects/TEST/import/repos HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.p.DefaultPullRequestService Deleted 0 pull request(s) TO repository 8

Do you have any suggestion about this? We installed Bitbucket server version 4.9.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and MS SQL 2012 DB.

Thanks for you help

0 votes
rongchai September 23, 2016

Hi Jeff,

Now we have 1 team on Bitbucket cloud we need to migrate All project and Source code to Bitbucket server. Can we do that? Because now we need to create project by manual and import repository. We have a lot project and repository. Can we do like we import all these thing from Github to Bitbucket Cloud? It is just login and Bitbucket can download all these thing from Github. Can we do like that?

Anyway importer doesn't work for me I got ERROR.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-9175?utm_source=STP&utm_medium=logScan

Importing a repository fails due to process timed out

2016-09-23 17:58:56,468 ERROR [pool-8-thread-7] Rongchai @Y5KGMXx1018x4310x0 1k873lo 192.168.40.41 "POST /rest/importer/latest/projects/TEST/import/repos HTTP/1.1" c.a.b.i.i.repository.RefSyncTask Failed to import repository: TEST/tum[8]
com.atlassian.bitbucket.ServerException: An error occurred while executing an external process: process timed out
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.git.command.GitCommandExitHandler.evaluateThrowable(GitCommandExitHandler.java:113) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.git.command.GitCommandExitHandler.onError(GitCommandExitHandler.java:201) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.DefaultCommandExitHandler.onExit(DefaultCommandExitHandler.java:31) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.fetch.FetchExitHandler.onExit(FetchExitHandler.java:39) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand.callExitHandler(BaseCommand.java:146) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand$CommandFuture.internalGet(BaseCommand.java:272) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand$CommandFuture.get(BaseCommand.java:241) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand.call(BaseCommand.java:83) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.SimpleGitCommand.configureAndCall(SimpleGitCommand.java:84) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.fetch.MirrorSynchronizeCommand.call(MirrorSynchronizeCommand.java:88) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.git.command.fetch.MirrorSynchronizeCommand.call(MirrorSynchronizeCommand.java:27) ~[na:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.importer.repository.RefSyncTask.syncRefs(RefSyncTask.java:114) [bitbucket-importer-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.importer.repository.RefSyncTask.lambda$call$0(RefSyncTask.java:74) [bitbucket-importer-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.stash.internal.user.DefaultEscalatedSecurityContext.call(DefaultEscalatedSecurityContext.java:51) ~[bitbucket-service-impl-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.importer.repository.RefSyncTask.call(RefSyncTask.java:73) [bitbucket-importer-4.9.1.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.importer.repository.RefSyncTask.call(RefSyncTask.java:33) [bitbucket-importer-4.9.1.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [na:1.8.0_102]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_102]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_102]
... 1 frame trimmed
Caused by: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessTimeoutException: process timed out
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.wrapUpProcess(ExternalProcessImpl.java:677) ~[atlassian-processutils-1.7.6.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.finish(ExternalProcessImpl.java:161) ~[atlassian-processutils-1.7.6.jar:na]
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.BaseCommand$CommandFuture.get(BaseCommand.java:239) ~[bitbucket-spi-4.9.1.jar:na]
... 13 common frames omitted
2016-09-23 17:58:56,562 DEBUG [pool-8-thread-7] Rongchai @Y5KGMXx1018x4310x0 1k873lo 192.168.40.41 "POST /rest/importer/latest/projects/TEST/import/repos HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.p.DefaultPullRequestService Deleted 0 pull request(s) TO repository 8

Do you have any suggestion about this? We installed Bitbucket server version 4.9.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and MS SQL 2012 DB.

Thanks for you help

0 votes
rongchai September 19, 2016

Hi Jeff,

I have more question. Can we also import Project from Bitbucket cloud to Bitbucket server? Actually we would like to migrate all data in cloud to Bitbucket server. Please advise.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events