• Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • We have an existing Bitbucket account and an OnDemand instance, what do we need to do to import the code into the new Bitbucket which is now part of OnDemand

We have an existing Bitbucket account and an OnDemand instance, what do we need to do to import the code into the new Bitbucket which is now part of OnDemand

Lucian Masalar November 7, 2012

We have an OnDemand instance : ****.atlassian.net. We have been paying for Crucible/Fisheye, but never used it since

we have a Bitbucket instance : bitbucket.org/****

Now, with the announcement of Bitbucket integration into OnDemand, we want to bring the external bitbucket.org/**** into OnDemand.

Can you tell us what we need to do .

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Hey Lucian,

If you were subscribed to FishEye, then you can actually do this from your account in my.atlassian.com , and opt-in for a 12 month free BitBucket account, more information can be found in this document.

Hope this helps.

Lucian Masalar November 8, 2012

Thanks Bas and Razaq for your replies.

Now, I apologize, I think I didn't make myself clear enough :

- we have a Bitbucket account with many repositories in it and many team members who are disjunct from the JIRA OnDemand users

- the BB account is already fully integrated with our OnDemand via the DVCS connector (a JIRA ticket id mentioned in the commit comment will make the commit to appear in the JIRA ticket under the Commits tab).

But : my understanding of this integration was that it would be just like Fisheye/Crucible/SVN was back in the day where they were just another tab in a fully integrated environment. From what I read in the docs, this looks like it's different : the 2 are going to use separate URL's it's just that I will have an extra link in the Application Navigator to point to https://bitbucket.org/myteam. So I followed https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Customising+links+in+the+application+navigator

and added that link manually, and I now can navigate directly to the BB site.

But : 2 big things are still not there :

1). JIRA users are totally separate from the BitBucket team users

2). once I navigate to BitBucket, there is no way to (cleanly) come back to OnDemand, other than just hitting the browser back button back to the BB login screen and then back to OnDemand.

Please let me know if there is a way to solve 1). and 2).

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

Hi Lucian,

Sorry I didn't notice this comment until now. You're correct on most of your understanding so far, that the integration is on the application navigator and the billing level so far.

The problem is that if you keep your old BitBucket account connected, you will still be billed for it, while if you used the new OnDemand account you can benifit from the 1 year free subscription to BitBucket.

You can connect your free account the same way you have your current account, and rename it to suit your needs. In addition you can invite your developers to have access to the new account and also transfer your repositories to the account.

The benefit is more into the billing to be frank.

Lucian Masalar November 13, 2012

I see, it makes sense, thanks Razaq. So I was able to do the entire migration, all my repos are now in the OnDemand instance of Bitbucket. One thing which is confusing is that according to the billing page we'll still be billed for Crucible + Fisheye (which we are not using, never did actually).

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2012

If you have no more repos and no work being done on FishEye/Crucible, you can just deactivate it as well. Just make sure you took everything off if it ;)

2 votes
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2012

Hi Lucian,

To further explain what my colleague Razaq already mentioned, there are two options you could take. You can either start with step two of the document Razaq mention in his answer and you can manually integrate your instance with bitbucket.

The second option is to signup with a OnDemand bitbucket account (done by browsing to your my.atlassian.com and pressing the "migrate to bitbucket" button) this will generate a new Bitbucket team account which will be integrated with your OnDemand instance. (the license will be free for 12 months)

There are some advantages in the second option as it will give you a better integration then the first option (user can be invited to the bitbucket team account through your Jira user management for instance)

I suspect that you have been using your existing bitbucket account and you wish to use the data in it, an option to get this integrated would be by transfering owenership of these repo's to the new bitbucket team account, which is explained here

I hope this explains things a little more.

Cheers,
Bas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events