Want to enable in-line file editing

bstone78 November 5, 2017

Hi. I would like to enable in-line file editing in BitBucket without having to clone an entire project. The documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver0414/bitbucket-server-config-properties-895368000.html#BitbucketServerconfigproperties-Fileeditor

says that I can do this with:

feature.file.editor=true

but that's seem to be working. Any ideas? tia

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2017

Hi Brad,

The in-line file editing is enabled by default and has been added as part of Bitbucket Server 4.13 (see related release notes).

Which version of Bitbucket Server are you using? Maybe it is not working on a specific file type. Which file are you trying to edit?

You can find it in the footer of the Bitbucket Server pages (e.g. the project one).

The feature.file.editor option is available to disable this feature.

Thanks,

Caterina - Atlassian Support 

bstone78 November 6, 2017

Hi Caterina,

Thank you so much for your help and quick response. We are using BitBucket 4.5.2. Does that help? I'm trying to edit any file. Let's say a  ".gitignore" file or a JavaScript file. Is that not how it works?

Thank you!!!

Bradley

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

Hi Brad,

You will be able to edit any text files (including
the ".gitingore" ones).

The feature is only available starting from Bitbucket 4.13 while version 4.5.2 is currently installed in your environment.

You'll need to upgrade or ask an administrator to do so to be able to use this feature.

Cheers,

Caterina

bstone78 November 8, 2017

Hi Caterina,

Thanks for the response. I'm a little slow. I'll ask our sysadmin right away what the upgrade possibilities are.

Thanks again!
Bradley

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events