Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing inactive users with Bitbucket Cloud API

caleb.hoffman January 25, 2022

Is there a way to view inactive users (or date of last activity) with the API? If so, which endpoint could be used?

I see there is a user endpoint, but I need something that will display more information to help us manage user accounts.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Hi @caleb.hoffman 

Welcome to the Community!!

This seems like a no-go here.

The API's available won't serve much data with reference to what you asking since I have gone through the API's below

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/api-group-users/#api-group-users

It only Gets the public information!! which is not what we want.

So basically until Atlassian officially releases something with managed accounts structure it's not possible

Thanks,
Pramodh

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

The user object will show if the account is active, inactive, or closed. This is a new attribute that was just added to the user object, see the announcement here.

Like caleb.hoffman likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2022

Hi @caleb.hoffman,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The user endpoint is the closest you can get, and is should return a list of attributes about the user that you can find here. The API for the user is changing in order to improve user privacy. Most of the user end points are moving to Cloud admin end points.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events