Using, not importing, Redmine tasks.

Anthony Servedio November 13, 2013

Hi,

I would like to try and maybe switch to stash. But I do not want to use JIRA, at least not yet. I have a working setup with redmine that I would like not to change for now.

I use issue numbers in git commits to link them to redmine issues. I believe stash can do the same thing but I would like not to have to sync and duplicate redmine issues to something else.

Can I setup stash to work with redmine and not use Jira?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2013

Hi Anthony,

You can't set up Stash to work with Redmine issues out of the box, but it is possible to write a plugin that provides integration with Redmine.

The JIRA integration in Stash has been implemented as a plugin, so in theory you could write a plugin that replicates that integration for Redmine (and possibly share / sell it on Atlassian Marketplace), but it'll be some work :).

In short, the JIRA integration plugin:

• provides a ChangesetIndexer module, which scans the commit message for JIRA keys. For each JIRA key it finds, it adds an attribute to the changeset in the ChangesetIndex.
  • On the commits list, changeset page and pull request pages, it provides web panels to inject the JIRA issue links.

There's a bit more going on behind the scenes, but that's essentially the way the JIRA integration has been implemented. I'd be happy to provide a bit more information if you're interested in implementing such a plugin.

Cheers,

Michael

Anthony Servedio November 17, 2013

That's awesome! Exactly the possibility I was hoping for!

I'll look at the code and the language (java I guess), check if I feel comfortable making the changes and definitly get back to you on that.

Thanks!

0 votes
ramnatarajan May 15, 2018

I am trying to do the same thing with links.

Can you please look at my post and let me know if i am doing anything wrong?

Thanks,

Ram

0 votes
Dimitar Pavlov November 17, 2013

My question exactly. If you create it as an open source project, do tell :)

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2013

Redmine is essentially an issue tracker. Stash is not. So, the general answer is no.

Anthony Servedio November 14, 2013
From what I understood, jira seems to do like redmine, and jira can be used with stash.. hence it's reasonable to believe redmine could be used with stash no?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events