Using, not importing, Redmine tasks.

Hi,

I would like to try and maybe switch to stash. But I do not want to use JIRA, at least not yet. I have a working setup with redmine that I would like not to change for now.

I use issue numbers in git commits to link them to redmine issues. I believe stash can do the same thing but I would like not to have to sync and duplicate redmine issues to something else.

Can I setup stash to work with redmine and not use Jira?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes

Hi Anthony,

You can't set up Stash to work with Redmine issues out of the box, but it is possible to write a plugin that provides integration with Redmine.

The JIRA integration in Stash has been implemented as a plugin, so in theory you could write a plugin that replicates that integration for Redmine (and possibly share / sell it on Atlassian Marketplace), but it'll be some work :).

In short, the JIRA integration plugin:

• provides a ChangesetIndexer module, which scans the commit message for JIRA keys. For each JIRA key it finds, it adds an attribute to the changeset in the ChangesetIndex.
  • On the commits list, changeset page and pull request pages, it provides web panels to inject the JIRA issue links.

There's a bit more going on behind the scenes, but that's essentially the way the JIRA integration has been implemented. I'd be happy to provide a bit more information if you're interested in implementing such a plugin.

Cheers,

Michael

That's awesome! Exactly the possibility I was hoping for!

I'll look at the code and the language (java I guess), check if I feel comfortable making the changes and definitly get back to you on that.

Thanks!

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Nov 14, 2013

Redmine is essentially an issue tracker. Stash is not. So, the general answer is no.

From what I understood, jira seems to do like redmine, and jira can be used with stash.. hence it's reasonable to believe redmine could be used with stash no?

My question exactly. If you create it as an open source project, do tell :)

I am trying to do the same thing with links.

Can you please look at my post and let me know if i am doing anything wrong?

Thanks,

Ram

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

22,448 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you