Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using bitbucket as version control

Zach Katagiri November 23, 2013

I feel really asking this, but I've been looking over bitbucket documentation for hours and can't figure out how to work it into workflow. I'm working on a small team (3 of us) doing a php site, and we would like to be able to use bitbucket to version control our code. Ideally we'd have a place to view our working code (ourproject.bitbucket.org) and then see alternate branches at ourproject-branch1.bitbucket.org or something like that -- so we can view our branches and when we are happy with a new branch/version we can just push it to the main one, and, in theory also our actual site host. Is that possible? Or is there a better way to achieve that idea with BitBucket?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2013

You're asking "How to make BitBucket serve php pages". This is not possible. It is written on the documentation:

Technical Features and Limitations of this Feature

You cannot use PHP or other server-side scripting languages on the site.

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

Hi Zach, Did my answer help you?

0 votes
Zach Katagiri January 2, 2014

Thanks -- and sorry I wasn't quicker on the response. Your reply definteily answered my question -- thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events